Wednesday, October 15, 2008

The Daily Verse


I subscribe to something called "The Daily Verse" and I get one each morning in my email. What I love most about it is that the gal who runs it, Kat, puts a little "nugget" of commentary below the verse, basically commenting on what it means to her. That gets my mind rolling and I find I take a bit more time to let the Word sink in. Heres todays:

Therefore do not be anxious about tomorrow, for tomorrow will be anxious for itself. Sufficient for the day is its own trouble.
Matthew 6:34


Then Kat Comments:
Does the majority of your anxiety come from what is going on right now, or what you anticipate to come? I know that I’m at fault of the later – giving into anxiety about the future and not giving any thought to what the Lord might be trying to show me right now.

You can sign up, too: www.thedailyverse.com
AND if you like getting a verse on your phone, Spirit Text Messaging gives you the Bible Verse of the Day. Just text "Bible" to 23754.

No comments: