Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Accident Claims Chapman Child


Friends,

I just checked my email and found the following. Please be in prayer for the Chapman family.

From Nashville's WZTV Fox 17:

This one involving two of Christian singer Stephen Curtis Chapman's
children.

According to state troopers one of Chapman's teenage sons was pulling
into their Williamson county home tonight when he hit his five year old
sister.

The little girl was pronounced dead at Vanderbilt Children's Hospital.

No charges are expected to be filed.


My heart is breaking in two as I type this. As a mother, this is my worst fear. And to know that there is a family going through this at this very moment is beyond my comprehension.

2 comments:

Felton/Casey said...

I am praying so hard for them right now, and I feel so heavy hearted. I follow the Chapman online blogs on a weekly basis and feel as if I know them in a special way. I am in shock. I am so thankful to see all the prayer and support that they are receiving on various christian blogs.

Unknown said...

I haven't been able to stop thinking about this all day ... what a beautiful little girl. I am praying for her family, her older brother especially.

Sarah, I thought you might be interested, the Chapman family set up a blog to keep memories of Maria and to let people leave comments, well wishes, etc ...

http://chapmanchannel.typepad.com/inmemoryofmaria/