Wednesday, November 5, 2008

I think I can, I think I can...

Thanks to my 2-week-free-guest-pass, I'm doing Step Aerobics with Callie. This is not something I would have tried on my own, but Callie is quite persuasive (plus she's lookin' mighty fit these days, so that speaks well of the class.) And a big thank you to Joel, who watches Olivia while I'm at class. I know he's her dad and all, but still, I'm appreciative that after a long day at work, he doesn't mind me coming home even later in order to squeeze in an hour at the gym.

We went last night, and it was great. When I say great, I mean I got a good work-out. But it also means I watched the clock, praying for time to speed up, and for more coordination in my feet. The only part that is enjoyable is when the class is over and I'm like "Whew, I made it."

I'm also still juicing, for those of you who were wondering if that fad came and went. All this healthy eating and exercising has been a prayer of mine for a long time. I really wanted to feel better - I wanted to drop some weight and gain some muscle and fit in my clothes and feel healthy and have more energy. Praise God that He understands those prayers, and has helped me accomplish these goals. After all, when I'm healthier and have more energy, I'm a nicer person to be around... or so I've been told. Joel uses words like "less edgy" and "not so moody." Thanks, sweetie. :-)

*crunch - there goes my apple...
Sarah

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

If you can, I can, if you can, I can...
We'll both get healthy!!! I am very proud of you girls!!!

Eva said...

I LOVE STEP AEROBICS! I started going well over a month ago. I had a hard time the first couple of times trying to get the routine down. I haven't been in a while since it was killing my ankles and then I mis-stepped off the step and twisted my ankle a bit. And, school has me super busy. I know, excuses excuses. I'm proud of you!!!!

Anonymous said...

You are looking so healthy! Way to go!!

Anonymous said...

mom and I have been juicing too... and feeling awesome!